Tuesday, November 01, 2005

nov. 1st. already!

hi all. thanks to everyone who has commented. thanks to those that have written me longer letters at my mail address. just a reminder. i set up this blog for my poetry and that of others, but also, i decided to use the blogging form instead of a traditional site because it is more immediate, more interactive. i feel that if i use the blog to show myself as i am and to put in my thoughts and feelings, that the readers can see that poetry is personal and topical and a living thing.
me, i need to hear from everyone, not just writers. i want to find out what subjects touch or tease or anger. i love to see how people read my poems and other's and come away with a whole different take on the piece by reading it and bringing their experiences to it. seeing the poem through the filters of their lives.
so please, pick a poem, read it, let me know your take on it, perhaps how you might do it. don't be shy. you can use the address if you don't want to post where others might read it. but i really want people to see that if you want to write, you can. they are your words, your feelings, use them, share them, embrace them.
just my rant. thanks, s.


afterthebridge@hotmail.com

4 comments:

spork_incident said...

You really don't want me commenting on your poetry. I'm ignorant on the subject (to my regret).


.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

yes i do. everyone has opinions, they are all valid if honest. you can e-mail if you don't feel comfortable letting the public read them. honest, who do you like to read? what type of poems? you can do it! no discussions on forms(forms are not my thing for the most part)

spork_incident said...

Poe. Blake. cummings.

That's about it. I've never gotten the hang of poetry.

Now, DeLiilo, Kingsolver, Dickens...that I can handle.

Somewhat.


.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i love poe, what i've read of blake's i've kept with me. cummings is a favorite. neruda, i adore, then there's bukowski, i am one of the few women i know, and especially a woman my age, that thinks bukowski was a genius in his hard truths. he really saw things clearly and wasn't afraid to write it down and in a way that really gives the reader all the emotions, make them FEEL. that's what i've always strived for. i don't worry about forms, tho i can apprieciate them and i love haiku, but am not good at them, so i read other's works. life is too short for me to try to follow rules as far as my writing goes. i agonize enough over a word, let alone a specific form.some may not consider me a poet, some poets of fairly high regard, write wonderful things about the same poems that others savage. eye of the beholder. me, i will just write and hope it touches someone. thanks so much for responding. ; )