Saturday, December 10, 2005

darn it, i just had to reprint this post about my blog written by charlie tee. it makes me feel good and i want to put it on here as well as the link to his blog that is in the post below this one. boy, i feel good! thanks again charlie! s (my god, is my ego inflated! just like a macy's thanksgiving balloon (bullwinkle has always been my favorite!)



After The Bridge, Comes Joy
In music the bridge occurs when you connect a key section to another part of a song. It's usually the section that ties the song together and gives it some umph.This bridge though is about poetry, in fact the poetry of one Sherry Pasquarello, a Pittsburgh PA native, and a wonderful spirit filled lady.Now I don't ever claim to be any kind of authority on poetry prose or verse, but I do know what moves me and her stuff just affects me positively. I love stuff that makes me think twice.Sherry tells me that writes adult poetry, and at first I didn't quite get what that meant (OK, so my mind said something different...), but as I read on I realized that what she's saying is that her poetry is about life from her grownup standpoint. She has lived a very tried life and she shares those experiences by painting pictures as such that make no mistake at all invite you to experience it with her.When I first read her work my immediate thought was that it reminds me of the great Sheryl Crow (if you have a copy of the CD "The Globe Sessions," listen to the song "Riverwide," and you'll get my meaning.).My wife Vickie turned me on to Sheryl Crow, and her music opened me up to alot, well I had the exact same reaction to reading my first pieces of Sherry's work ( it moved me so much that I wrote her and told her).It's not the complexity that affected me although that certainly is there but the simplicity; saying volumes with little.When you're driving and you cross a bridge you know that your destination is that much closer and it fills you with anticipation (mostly), why is that ? It's that after the bridge, you know, comes joy.If you're not sure what I mean, think about the bridges that you cross to get home. Think how you feel, and you'll see Sherry.There is a link to her work on the right, in my link list. Click, read and enjoy.Support Live music today tomorrow and always. Cross the bridge while you're out, and read some poetry forever.

2 comments:

Jonathan Barnes said...

That's a nice post.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi jonathan, i was so happy when i read charlie's review i almost bounced up and down on my chair here like a little kid! made my days, especially after a holiday rejection notice for a poem that i really like.