Tuesday, December 13, 2005

hello, i am so happy with all of the responses i've gotten to my poems and to my blog as a whole.
i have encountered some interesting people and some very talented and some very kind people who have taught me some things that i need to learn as i go on my journey here.thanks much!

please, if you like or dislike any poem, let me know the whys of it. i write for people, all people. yes, i am more than thrilled to have a fellow poet or writer comment and say they liked some things that i've written. that sort of validates me i suppose, BUT honestly, i write to touch people, just us, people. i don't care if you know nothing of forms and such. your opinions count and i value them. i count ON them. so if you are a regular visitor or just passing thru, if you can spare an odd little woman some time, leave a comment about any poem that causes a reaction, good or bad. o.k? if you want to send it without having others read it, just do it annon. or use the e-mail. thanks again. s

afterthebridge@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

I can tell you exactly why your writing has affected me in the way that it has...
When I was younger and really finding my feet in music, all kinds of people would try to discourage me from playing or singing in the way that was me.I'd gotten beat up at gigs, I've had my saxophone taken and destroyed, and all kinds of horrific things. Then I discovered David Sanborn playing the sax on a tune called "Tuesday Heartbreak," by Stevie Wonder. He had the exact playing style that I had heard in my head and discovered that was MY voice, and suddenly I truly for the first time felt validated.Years later when David and I met and became friends, his music really moved me to tears and it still does because it is passionate and powerful. David plays with such expression that it can make me weep openly.
Your writing has had the same effect on me.When I met your work Sherry, I spent all afternoon reading it and more than once I wept openly. You see it's your nuance,and your style,and as I said in my blog I crossed the bridge, and i felt completely validated by you and your way with words.I know this is cliche' but truly I feel that I have known you my entire life.You have inspired me in ways that I can't even begin to describe.You told me that I was a good spirit, but believe me if I am, it's because I've come to know people like you.I hope that our friendship lasts for life.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thanks charlie, yes i hope we stay friends if fates allow. i meant what i wrote, you seem a kind and sweet soul and those are few and far between.i wish you and yours well on your journey thru this life.
yes, voice, you understand the concept of voice. i want to be the best me and not a 2nd or 3rd rate someone else.
i've been writing since the 60's. i couldn't attend college (long story, LD's tho in the 60's that wasn't a known thing. got A's in almost everything but math, guidance dept. thought i just didn't apply myself to math. turns out i couldn't do much math even with a gun to my head. i was happy when i finally at 46 found that out. i felt better, if you can understand that)
anyway some college teachers saw some of my poems, really liked them, were surprised that a 17 year old girl could write the things that i was writing about in the voice i had.
that kept me going til i had a bout of depression and burned everything except 1 poem.
i'm back now tho, in MY voice.
blessings on you and yours, sherry