Sunday, April 23, 2006



this a a manet poster. we had a challenge

awhile ago in my workgroup to come up with

a poem to go along with the poster.

the hardest part for me was coming up with a

a title i really liked. i finally settled on a quote as

a title. it's almost as long as the poem.

here it is.

"love takes off masks we fear we can not live without." james baldwin

only a little while longer love

and we can go, quit this place.

i can peel away

this mask of indifference

before the cracks begin at

the corners of my mouth

betraying us with a smile.

5 comments:

LSqrd said...

I really like this one, Sherry.

LSqrd said...

Jeeze, it took me about 6 tries to get past the password!! Stupid spammers.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

blogger is screwed up today. i'm glad you liked the poem. : )

Christopher T. George said...

Hi Sherry

Good work on this poem, Sherry. I recently put up a link to this Manet slide show at "Casebook: Jack the Ripper" because I thought our poems well showed the desperation of the women at the time who did not have the money or power that the well-off men had.

Chris

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thanks chris. still today, there are women, here and in other countries that are powerless and live lives of "quiet desperation."

maybe someday that will change.