Thursday, May 25, 2006














i was talking, well, via blogs, the other day about poetry files
and labeling one file "CRAP" in case i get struck by lightning
that way, as my family are sorting through my things everyone will
understand that these poems and bits and pieces are exactly that, crap.
important in that i use them, a word here a thought there, to create
better.
i try not to throw anything away. poems are found in many places,
even in a folder full of works that i would die all over again, to have
anyone that didn't understand the process read. i've written far more
junk than gemstones.
self confession here. years ago, in a tug of war with my "black dog"
that someone had been keeping well fed
i burned EVERYTHING i had ever written. every fucking word.
poems make a bright blaze. i kept one poem im my heart because
i could not forget that one. to forget that ,would be to forget my
almost child. i rewrote it after i started writing again.
that was years and life times for me, later,when i met a muse
that touched me and let my words come.
now, i refuse to destroy words. they are all precious, the painful and the sweet
even the crap has it's place.
i think of it as fertilizer for the beauty hidden waiting to grow. s




No comments: