Saturday, June 10, 2006

sat. morn.

chilly, but sunny.
have a surprise b'day party to go to tonight for
a very nice guy.
he was in WWII, was in the group that liberated/rescued
the men that had been on the batann death march.
i had dinner at his home once. he showed me pictures that they took
when they rescued the men.

war, any war, no matter the reasons, well
it just feels like a lead weight, knowing
the things that human beings are capable of.

isn't it odd, that we can be as a species, so noble at times and yet
so deliberately cruel?

anyway, this man came back, worked the mines, raised a family
cared for a dying wife and now, he still swims every morning at the Y
and comes out every night to have 1 or 2 drinks(no more)
says hello to his friends and drives home!

i'm looking forward to stopping down to wish him a happy birthday later! s

1 comment:

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sherry I can't remember who I got the pic from, but I'm sure you are welcome to use it. I'll let you know who to "credit" when I remember. Remember I have no camera

The words are from the Zohar & Sefer Yetzirah,
but who does one 'credit' for "The Lord's prayer"?

Hope, you have a nice evening at your friend's birthday. Laters...Q