Thursday, January 11, 2007



found this photo. it's of my 50th birthday party.

as i wrote, i've been doing a lot of thinking about this

upcoming birthday.having writer's block gave me time to

spend pondering the past 5 years. i'm not upset about turning 55,

HELL i am grateful to still be here. no, i'm thinking of all of the

changes, big and small in my life and in the lives of everyone that

helped celebrate that birthday. 5 years can be a lifetime.

oh, and in case you are wondering just what

i am doing in this picture,

i always said that if i made it to 50 i'd dance on the table so

here i am, in a "burger king" crown, a ratty black feather boa

dancing on the table(actually just flapping the boa like wings)

to the monkee's "daydream believer" i made 4 dollars

(and a "pity" nickel) from my friends

(who told me to keep my day job cause i'd never make it as a dancer!!!

, gee, no kidding???!!)

i had fun tho. this birthday promises to be much more sedate.

well, maybe. ; )

No comments: