Wednesday, July 11, 2007














a conversation at the bar last night about my poetry:

last evening after the meeting at the club most of us were sitting around the bar in small bunches of two or three or four. a friend of mine and i started to discuss some of the poems on this blog that i had written. he was trying to find the people that we both knew in the words i've written.
he found some, found bits and pieces of them but as i explained, some of the poems are the merging of different people, their attitudes, attributes and my observations.
few are of just one individual. there are exceptions. uncle buck was as real as real could be. pudd'n boy and randy are friends of mine. my mom, grandma, pop-pop and dad and some of the rest are real.
some poems came from dreams, asleep or awake. most come from a word or two i pick up on. words on t.v. billboards, books, a crumpled bit of paper i find on the ground.
rocks and trees and the moss on the shingles of the shed...

things, feelings, breathing, life
death.

hope this might give some insight, maybe some ideas to claim and make your very own.

sherry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent!
Please, send me the photo of your keyring or a picture and the link of your blog,
I'll publish in my blog!
Thank you
My email: nicekeyrings@gmail.com

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thanks. i sent one.