Tuesday, October 09, 2007


oh happy happy joy joy!

yes, my new jeans arrived!
now it sounds silly but in life, in my life
i look for the small bright spots to celebrate.
now, anyone that has known me, or read me knows by now that i do
MOST of my shopping at thrift stores. i love 'em BUT i buy my jeans at
victoria's secret. i used to buy levi's but since i found that vs jeans
fit me better(except for the "skinny" jeans that are made for ack, don't wanna think about it) i buy vs( from the sales or clearance catalogues mostly)


anyway, to make a long story even longer...

i had a very VERY favorite pair of light blue denim carpenter's jeans
that i absolutely had worn to pieces. the were frayed at the cuffs, had small holes by the back pockets and finally, finally the zipper fell apart from too many washings and so i whimpered a little as i pitched them into the garbage.

wasn't too too sad tho BECAUSE i had the foresight to order a new pair exactly the same( 1 size bigger due to my meds, but they are loose jeans anyway)

damned if this wasn't the ONLY time i had trouble from ordering from that catalogue!
BUT they were very sweet(and good business people) because they are sending me a gift certificate because i waited 6 freaking weeks for my order.

so i am very very pleased and i'm wearing my NEW old jeans.

now i know there are those of you(bless ya) that have issues about vs, but to paraphrase some gun owners(which i normally wouldn't )

you can have my victoria's secret credit card when you pry it from my cold dead hand!


and even THEN i might go all zombie on your ass! ; )

2 comments:

The Cunning Runt said...

You're way too cute to think about in a pair of light blue carpenter's jeans.

With frayed cuffs.

Really.

'Bye.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'm way too old to be cute, but thanks.