Saturday, December 15, 2007










some people tease me about my pittsburgh accent,
my use of pittsburgh colloquialisms. i have even used it and them
in my poetry. i did not have the accent in grade school. the nuns at st. scho's
would have, ahem, frowned on that.i did tho, pick it up in the teen years i spent hanging out downtown in the late 60's. odd thing as i can not do even a slightly
passable accent for anywhere else.
i am proud of my city, it's blue collar beginnings and it's people.
so, i will sound as i sound and say what i say. it's a burg thing!

7 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

I've a post coming up about the Glasgow poet Tom Leonard's use of dialect which I think you'll find of interest.

FriĆ°vin said...

I'm so sorry to inform you that you.....


...have been tagged.

:lol:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

going out for the a bit this evening kona, but i'll play later. ; )

The Cunning Runt said...

I heard some other folks talking nice about Pittsburgh tonight - so it must be true! LOL

Sherry Pasquarello said...

huummmm, wonder what they said?


; )

LSqrd said...

I never had much of a Pittsburgh accent, I learned to talk before I arrived in your fair town. Now that I've lived elsewhere for 25+ years, I can't even fake one.

Oh well, still love them Stillers....

Sherry Pasquarello said...

it was odd that i picked it up in the few teenage years that i spent downtown because other that the word usage, like "guys" for both genders i didn't have the accent. go figure!