Thursday, August 07, 2008

i LOVE the smell of laundry in the morning!

i really do. especially now that i have a washing machine and dryer.
i had never used an automatic washer until 1972 after i was married and my husband took me to a laundromat. he had to show me how to use a washer and dryer!

before i was married and lived at home with my parents i did the laundry for everyone in a double tub wringer washer with 2 cement stationary tubs as rinse water.
i still have a crooked ring finger from running my hand thru the wringer once when i was in grade school. we hung everything on lines, either outside or in the cellar.

my father had heavy, heavy work uniforms that i would struggle to get pants stretchers into the wet legs before pinning them up on the line. pants stretchers would put a crease down the front of the leg. ugh, i hated them.


now, even now lo these many years later i have a love affair going with mr. washer and mr. dryer. a threesome, oh baby!

No comments: