Monday, October 13, 2008

it's a bittersweet morning here.
i have lived here for about 15 years now and have been promised that we would be getting sewers in place of septic for 15 years. the septic tank is from 1953 when the house was built and it has to be babied. i HATE septic, i hates it i does! i never had it before and it drives me nuts.
so, now they are putting sewerage thru and the township got a grant to help the residents pay for the tap in fee. i'm happy, hell, i'm THRILLED, BUT i am going to lose some of my beloved oaks and others.
i'm not sure which ones but the tree people are out in force in my back yard which runs into that little patch of woods between me and the rich people on the other side.
it looks like they are cutting down one of the big, big oaks in my back yard and some of my neighbors pines. i hope they don't take my mimosa, but it looks like they might.


UPDATE: well, they aren't the guys from the sewerage project.
THESE guys are from the power company. they chopped at my mimosa( not sure why, but they are allowed) they climbed and sawed at one of my oaks and my neighbor's pines.

so i'm still not sure which of my trees i will lose from the sewer line tho i was told that i would so...???


they are still back there in force with chain saws and ropes and rigging.

No comments: