Saturday, October 10, 2009

well, i finally got rid of the sympathy and mass cards from my mother's funeral.
it felt as weird as when i got rid of my father's that i had here in a stack after he passed.

i've been picking up and ridding up a bit wherever i see something that needs to be picked up or rid up. no rhyme or reason to it. just doing it. i used to do one room at a time but found that the whole place never looked "done" at one time.

lowered my treadmill. it's much easier on my lower back now. have to go slow tho. things aren't the way they were even last year.

picked up a few neat poetry books at half priced books the other day.

signed a few petitions yesterday.

went out to eat and thought i would choke on my dinner- literally.
there was a family sitting right next to us. a mom and dad and 2 boys. one about 11, no problem at all and another about 4 who they let run up and down between the tables and in and out of the men's room on his own and then come out and play with the silverware on empty clean and waiting to be occupied tables!

that little boy ran past me once and scared me so that i came close to having a bite of food stick in my throat.

my little granddaughter behaved better than that in places when she was TWO!

those same parents, so well dressed and upper yuppie will wonder why their kid is a holy terror and in and out of trouble when he's a teen and WHY he won't listen to them.

there is nothing wrong with paying attention to your child and explaining to them how they are to behave and why.that's part of being a parent. if they want to ignore the world for an evening and concentrate on themselves-hire a good babysitter and have a date night. my rant.

No comments: