Monday, May 17, 2010

went fishing this morning but after a short time I
ran out of worms.

Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth.
(For all y'all Northerners and City Folk, a "cottonmouth" is
a water moccasin -- one of the 4 poisonous snakes in North
America , and generally the meanest, being more aggressive
than rattlesnakes.)

Frogs are good bass bait. Knowing the snake couldn't
bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right
behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait
bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without
getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Tequila and
poured a little shot in its mouth. His eyes rolled back,
he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident
and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was
that same snake back with two more frogs in his mouth.

No comments: