Saturday, April 15, 2006

i want to wish everyone a happy easter
and a blessed passover and just an allround
great sunday tomorrow.

i will be busy cooking frittata for the family, well
actually, i prepare everything and the men in the family "cook"
them. i say "them" because we cook mass quantities!
there is sweet italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon,
supprasatta, mozzarella, ricotta, basket cheese,scamorze and eggs in
my grandfather's calabrese recipe.
before my pop pop passed away, we used to make
our own sweet sausage.
when i was little one of my jobs was to untangle the casings
that were shriveled up
and packed in salt, soak them and then hook one end
over the mouth of
the sink faucet and run water through to rinse and open up each
long casing. there would always be one that had a
small invisible tear in it that would shoot the water out
sideways across the basement kitchen in my grandparent's home!
if i was lucky, the water jet would miss me as i stood on a stool at the sink!
ah memories!

4 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

With the exception of the pork, everything sounds delish...
Had to take a little time off, but I'm back and I'll be writing here in a little while.Love and miss you.CT
ps. Happy Easter to you too.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, hope everyone's fine. thanks!

love ya too!

LSqrd said...

I enjoyed the "slice of life", Sherry. Hope you had a great Easter!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, hope you had a great easter as well. i ate too much, but i knew i would! ha! it's the chocolate, the CHOCOLATE, can't... get... enough...