Friday, July 07, 2006

a friday rant here:


i regularly read a few political blogs that i think are well done
and have style and wit. i try to make my answers to the posts,
make my points and yet be civil at the same time.
funny, how some people that disagree with the original post OR
with my responses to a post quite often resort to being snarky or
downright pissy with me because i don't resort to
rolling in the gutter verbally, that i feel or i come off, as some sort of
mary poppins/mother teresa wannabe. as if i am somehow better OR
think i am because i don't tell people to fuck off. saying "fuck off" has
NEVER to my knowledge, won an argument, of any kind.
( tho i have said it and i THINK it even more) i might as well
say, "i know i am but what are YOU...?" childish, isn't it?
i wrote to the last guy that" i know my faults better
than anyone and i never said i was some sort of a mary poppins."

i'm not, i'm real, i'm flesh and blood and fucked up more than i'd like to be,
but then again, it does make me interesting to some and
it's a tremendous amount of help
in my work.

so, that's my rant. if you don't like it,( the trolls that follow me around)
well, you DO know what you can do,
now don't you? s

4 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Good for you Sherry, it's a damn shame that people can't even agree to disagree without making a whole other issue about it, but I'm like you, if it gets to the point where we can't be civil, then I just as my friend Emily in New York used to say,bless them to their highest good.
Sad...very sad.CT

Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i bless em alrighty! thankfully no one can hear what i'm thinking!

i just get truly angry when someone can't come up with a good or even semi-decent reply and so they snark about me being on a high horse or a goody two shoes or just loving everyone no matter what because i'm a liberal! i don't love everybody, i have a brain and i'm not one to turn the other cheek. i will often walk away, but i'm no one's patsy.most of all, i am no one's mother teresa or mary poppins. obviously the few trolls i upset have never taken the time or energy to really read my blog or they'd know better and know who they are fooling with, but no, snarkery is easy, debate and discussion is not. thanks charlie, love ya, hi to vickie! enjoy your music, you earned it!

spork_incident said...

I'm glad you come around my place, sherry.

Happily, I seem to attract a pretty well-intentioned crowd. The snark is directed to those who deserve it.

As the saying goes, "don't let the bastards grind you down." ("Illegitimis non carborundum" in fake Latin.)


.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hiya spork! i like your blog. thanks for the latin, ho, ho!

it's funny, i don't mind critics, i understand how people have differing points of view, but for the life of me i can not understand how anyone thinks they've somehow won or scored a point by getting childish or by getting sexual. i had one jackass just the other day insist i was a lesbian.
now, i'm not, but as i replied(god knows why i bothered, but...) no, i'm straight but i have some gay friends and that i bet he had gay friends as well, just didn't know it. now, obviously he must think being gay is a terrible thing and an insult, but it just showed me that he's got to be a homophobe, on top of being a jackass.
it just gets a little wearing at times, but hey, i've lived through much worse than a little trollism. thanks much. : ) sherry