Monday, July 31, 2006



poetry contest!!!

my friend and fellow PKer, chris george has a poetry contest
going on over at his blog. check it out. you might surprise yourself!



go on, you know you want to...




What inspires you? Tell me in a poem of thirty lines or less, any form. Send your entries to me at editorctrip@yahoo.com by midnight on Thursday, August 31, Eastern time. Winners will be published on my blog and first prize winner also receives a copy of the CD of the Charlotte production of highlights from the musical by composer Erik Sitbon and myself, "Jack The Musical: The Ripper Pursued." Good luck!

Chris George
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

The rising morning Sun
buttered hot cross bun
the light of a twinkling star
the dancing ballerina and Czar

The rustling of leafs on trees
children's xmas shopping sprees
The golden honey from the bees
banking free of charges & fees

The smokey smell of campire
things that all do inspire
feeling of wanting desire
things that all me inspire

The raging & crashing of the seas
watching from atop the cliff leas
taking afternoon honey lemon teas
even popping from pod fresh peas

Because I aspire to heavens see
always smiling kind i try to be
when I fail i feel it cannot be
the heavens do not smile for me

Then I like to take a walk home
and call someone on dog and bone
for to talking I am most prone
so as not to feel at all alone

For you Sherry!
Not very good, but I never claimed to be a Byron or a Shelley.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thank you so much! you do just fine!