Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just Like Strange Rain
Bernie Taupin, 1969
I looked up from my glass into the sky There's no one in my comic book to buy Calendar swung on the wall held by a rusty nail Down came the strange rain and washed my thoughts away
So stop in the sky and tell me why You're changing your colours before my eyes Yellow, blue, green and grey Settled on the window pane
It made the rain that came seem strange Just like strange rain It made the rain that came seem strange Just like strange rain
Still I sit beside the fire and watched as it fell Come in colours from above into my citadel My eyes are all embriodered with the rainbow you have made And now it seems as though it's just, just like strange rain --- '01-Apr-16th


now, these are song lyrics as well, but look at how
different they seem printed in a form like this.

2 comments:

Magnus Greel said...

There's a great photo illustration for this song, in Bernie's book of lyrics, "The One Who Writes the Words (for Elton John)". Someone made him add that last bit, apparently.

It's a photo of a cat looking startled on a window sill, while a sort of tidal wave is coming, outside the window.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, that sounds interesting. odd/funny, i had a poem published a few years back(it's in my blog as well) called FREEDOM about one of my cats (now gone) sitting on my window sill.