Tuesday, March 25, 2008












i spent last evening reading a few poems from
a few of my poetry books. i've given up , for the moment, putting my poems into some sort of a book form. just too painful since i can't seem to be able to write anything that i feel passes for a poem.
blessings on those sweet souls that have written suggesting ways to break free of this block. so far tho, nothing has come except a few lines, a few thoughts.
i find myself more occupied with the primary and the election, with family and friends, with trying to come to terms with myself, past and present.
now, in the past, this would be more than enough to fill my file drawer and the files in it, with outlines and lists and all sorts of goodies. not now tho.
now, it seems like i am trying to protect myself. hurting myself more by trying to stay safe than by opening up a creative vein and bleeding a little more.
i can not have been bled out yet. a poetic vampire just feeding off of the words of others. can i?
god, i really hate this.

No comments: