Sunday, November 14, 2010

i tried sake for the first time last night. we went to an early thanksgiving dinner at my son-in-law's father and step mom's home last night. it was a very nice dinner and i had a lot of fun with mai there and really enjoyed meeting bing w. and his new wife. bing translated a lot of the paperwork involved in mai's adoption. that was a big plus. that way my daughter and her hubby were able to find out what the chinese officials had written about my little sweetie and her care before she came to us. bing works with my son-in-law's step mom at cmu. he is a wonderfully charming man and his wife is a sweet woman.
about the sake- it's good, but rather bland. i had a tiny glass. eric told me to be careful because it has a way of really sneaking up on a person. i was just kind of tickled to have a new experience at my age!

2 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

You're so young at heart, I can't imagine you not experiencing something...
I hope that you enjoyed it though.
Happy holiday to you and the family.
Talk to ya soon. got lots to tell you.Tee

Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh heck charlie- there are dozens upon dozens of things i haven't done.

but, every now and then i get the chance to do even a small thing-like the sake. i probably will never have it again but i can know that i tried it. : )