Wednesday, March 30, 2011

been a busy busy morning. finished my article for world wide hippies and sent it in- then i noticed the mistakes i typed- drives me crazy. when i was a kid i thought i was stupid . then i figured out that i have an odd form of dyslexia. it is hard to discribe but i read some words wrong but not others just depends on whenever my brain decides to blip on me and rearrage letters or merge a word so the it doesn't make a word at all and i have to look at it 3 or 4 times till it's right. sometimes a word didappears in the sentance-sometimes not. then there is the little quirk with my typing. i type with the middle finger of my left hand and i have to look at the keyboard as i do it because i have no depth perception and my hand doesn't go where i need it to go on the keyboard- i can't touch my finger to my nose with my eyes shut either- i end up touching my cheek towards my ear even tho i could swear i'm aiming for my nose!
can't do much math to save my soul either. numbers move on me or disappear. columns shift back and forth.

why am i telling you this?

because they are all just some of the effects of NF1. and they are just stumbling blocks compared to what some of my NF friends are dealing with right now. i'm asking for prayers or good vibes or whatever suits you- for them as they or their kids are going thu chemo or dealing with being in grade school and going blind or dealing with the taunts of people who should know better just because they look different.

thanks.

No comments: