Thursday, September 02, 2010




my mother passed a year ago today. hard to believe it's been a year.
i don't look to see if she's called as i used to. she was great at leaving me messages saying, "CALL YOUR MOTHER." i'm STILL getting mail for her. mostly catalogues and publisher's clearing house stuff and a TON of republican scare mail. my god, they have no shame or ETHICS. i used to read some of them but they all began to merge into 1 big bundle of fear and hate. the funny thing was, my mom was a life long democrat and for years she was a democratic committee woman in our mostly republican town. she knew how to stand her ground-even at 91 she still had all her faculties and would debate anyone into submission!

GO MOM! (bet she's still got her views and she's not backing down)

2 comments:

Fran said...

May her memory be a blessing always - she sounds like an amazing woman. I remember when you wrote about her passing last year. Prayers for you and for all who loved her.

(It is me Fran but I am at work so my work Fran id!)

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thanks. she was something else and far ahead of her time in most things.