Sunday, December 30, 2012

"The offers I’ve made to them have been so fair, a lot of Democrats get mad at me. I offered to make some significant changes to our entitlement programs in order to reduce the deficit. I offered not only a trillion dollars in spending cuts over the next ten years, but these changes would result in even more savings in the next ten years, and would solve our deficit problem for a decade.

They say that their biggest priority is making sure that we deal with the deficit in a serious way, but the way they’re behaving is that their only priority is making sure that tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans are protected. That seems to be their only overriding, unifying theme. And at some point, I think what’s going to be important is that they listen to the American people."


 - President Obama

No comments: