Monday, March 06, 2006

what a weekend! god!

friday night my contact lens became "glued" to my eye.
i tried EVERYTHING that the instructions said to dislodge the little fiend
(yes, i was beginning to believe it had an intelligence all it's own,
like a bad B, 50's space alien movie!) nothing worked and i began to panic
hell, i began to freak!

went to the emergency room about 1 a.m. or so. bless them, they were
wonderful as i sat there explaining what i had already tried and how
really STUPID i felt there in a place used to accidents, heart attacks
and worse, with a stuck contact lens, but hey, it's my EYE you know.

after prodding and probing and dye and on well,
it came out with all the water and drops and...

i have antibiotic drops because i have a scratched cornea, but
i'm grateful as anything to the staff and the doctor at st. margaret's
a BIG THANK YOU TO THEM!
(especially for not looking at me like i was a really goofy lady,
i was and i am, but they were nice!) and as to my
contact lenses, phooey! yes, i know what happened was an oddity
but i have those oddities happen a lot in my life and i'm not pushing my luck.

oh well! s

No comments: