Sunday, August 26, 2007

went to my nephew jordan's wedding yesterday.
he's my sister's son and he and my niece jessie grew up with my daughter.
my sister and her family live close by to us so we were together a lot.
it was a great wedding and i will have pictures later. marta's family is mexican.
jordan and marta went to high school together and have been together since high school. they were married at my old church. it was neat. they had some customs i had never seen before.
jordan had to give marta 10 big gold coins during the ceremony and then a bit later 2 of marta's brothers put a lasso that looked like a big wooden rosary over the bride and groom. the reception was a big outdoor picnic and there were 2 big fancy pinatas that everyone has a ball with. marta swings a mean bat even blindfolded!
my little grand daughter had a ball. there were swings and a water pump that the kids splashed around in, and water balloons were thrown(and launched from a HUGE rubber slingshot) there was volley ball and horseshoes. marta's mom and her sister grace are hoots!

No comments: